1/3 Photos of Focaccia
2 hrs 20 mins
Mimi in Maine's Note:
I love rosemary and when you dip this in a dipping oil, it is wonderful. There is nothing better. You can do different things to Focaccia by what you put on it. It makes great sandwiches when sliced horizontally and filled with your favorite filling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the water in a medium bowl and sprinkle in the yeast and let stand 5 minutes to proof a little.
- 2Add the sugar and salt; stir until dissolved.
- 3Add the flour, a little at a time, and the rosemary.
- 4Knead till smooth; rise once till double.
- 5Punch down and transfer to lightly floured surface.
- 6Knead 5 minutes or so.
- 7Firm into a ball and roll into a 10" to 12" circle (or press it into a pan).
- 8Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- 9Transfer dough to a lightly sprayed baking sheet.
- 10Brush with olive oil and a little garlic powder (if desired), and additional rosemary (if desired), and sea salt.
- 11Let sit for 10 more minutes.
- 12Bake at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes; take out sooner if you like it softer.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Focaccia
Serving Size: 1 (701 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1654.2
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2346.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 345.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.3 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 48.5 g