Recipe by SouthernBell2627
I can't remember where I got this recipe from, but it is excellent. Great for Christmas parties. Warms you up inside.
- 4 cups half-and-half
- 4 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup dark rum
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat half-and-half in a medium saucepan over medium heat (do not boil).
- Whisk together eggs, sugar, vanilla, and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Slowly whisk in 1 cup hot half-and-half in a slow stream.
- Whisk egg mixture into remaining half-and-half in saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring, until it thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Blend in small batches in a blender until frothy.
- Divide rum among 8 heat-proof glasses and top with eggnog.
- Dust tops with nutmeg.