Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs loin lamb
- 12 ounces shortcrust pastry
- 3 ounces onions
- 4 ounces drippings
- parsley, chopped
- 1 ounce mushroom pieces
- 1⁄2 milk
- 4 ounces breadcrumbs
- 1 tomatoes, sliced (for garnish)
- 2 ounces laverbread
- Lamb and Laverbread Roll.
- Skin and bone the loin of lamb.
- Finely chop the onions and sweat in 2 oz. drippings.
- Add finely chopped mushroom, cook for further 2 minutes.
- Add the breadcrumbs, laverbread, chopped parsley.
- Mix to a smooth consistency with a little milk, then season.
- Stuff the loin, tie and season it, seal it with melted drippings, roast in an oven 430°F for 30 minutes.
- Cool and drain the loin, roll out the pastry into a rectangle 5/16" thick.
- Spread the pastry with the remainder of the stuffing, leaving a 2" margin all around.
- Place the cold loin in the pastry, egg wash the margin.
- Completely envelope the meat in the pastry and seal.
- Turn it over, place onto a greased baking sheet with the folds underneath.
- Egg wash it and decorate as required.
- Bake it in an oven of 425°F for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and sliced tomatoes.
- Serve with braised leeks, jacket potatoes, and brown sauce.
- Cardiff College of Food Technology.