Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Not wanting to heat up the kitchen on this hot summer night and feeling on the lazy side, I created this very quick, easy, hearty and delicious recipe. There is no limit to the assortment of fillings that could be added; I am listing the ones that I used. I hope you and yours enjoy as much as my family did. This one will have you out of the kitchen lickety split.
- 2 large flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup refried beans (homemade or canned)
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated (use your favorite)
- 1⁄2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced tops included
- 1⁄2 avocado, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Heat comal, griddle or large frying pan.
- Slice and dice vegetables as noted in ingredients list; set aside.
- Set aside grated cheddar cheese.
- Heat refried beans on stovetop or microwave oven.
- Heat tortillas on both side until brown spots appear and they bubble up a bit.
- Place one tortilla on plate.
- Spread tortilla with refried beans.
- Top with cheese, onion, tomato, avocado and cilantro.
- Spoon on salsa and sour cream.
- Top with second tortilla.
- Slice in wedges and serve.