Prep 5 mins
Cook 18 mins
A great giant "party cookie" or smaller everyday cookie. Try different types of M & M's or Reese's Pieces. A wonderful, chewy oaty-peanutty treat! (or omit candies for a "healthier" cookie!)
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 cups quick oats
- 1 cup M&M's plain chocolate candy or 1 cup Reese's pieces
- Beat together the butter, peanut butter and sugars.
- Add soda, then all other ingredients except candies.
- To make 4 1/2 inch round jumbo cookies, drop dough by 1/3 cup measure at least 3 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350* for 18-20 minutes, until VERY lightly browned.
- Immediately press candies on top of cookies.
- For GIANT flying saucers, line two 12-13 inch pizza pans with foil.
- Spread cookie dough within an inch of edge of pan.
- Bake at 325* for 30-35 minutes or until LIGHLY browned.
- The center make appear underdone, but do not overbake.
- Add candies to cookie when removed from oven.