Recipe by Iceland
Chicken gratin with bananas and nuts: Kids love this recipe which is based on a swedish traditional dish invented by Ove Jacobson, a guy working in the freight industry. I adapted it for RCS#15 but i have been making this for some time and my family loves it. I am not sure about the name but this dish will give you wings. It is super easy to prepare and comes with a side dish which you can prepare while the chicken is getting ready in the oven.
- 8 chicken thighs
- 2 bananas
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar (light)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (sweet)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups sour cream (i use 10%)
- 1 cup walnuts (salty)
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 2 cups green beans (frozen)
Directions See How It's Made
- Turn your oven on 430°F (225°C).
- I use a kitchen paper towel to tap dry the chicken before i put it into a hot non stick skillet which may go into the oven later.
- Fry the chicken tights over medium heat, turning occasionally until browned on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- Blend the spices and stir into sour cream.
- Cut the banana into 1 to 2 inch big pieces and put over the chicken.
- Pur the spiced sour cream mixture over and put in oven for 25 minutes.
- In the meanwhile cook rice according to directions (i use 4 cups of water for 2 cups of rice).
- Simmer the green beans with a bottom fill of water until tender.
- Sprinkle the cooked rice with thyme and serve to your Jacob.