1/1 Photo of Flying High Apple Pie
This is my very own apple pie. Everyone who's had it loves it. That's a really good thing because we have 4 apple trees so I make a lot of these pies. Hope it melts in your mouth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shortening (I like to use butter flavor)
- 5 tablespoons water (cold)
- 2Mix flour and salt.
- 3Cut in shortening until all flour is just blended and forms into pea-sized chunks.
- 4Sprinkle water 1 tablespoon at a time.
- 5Toss lightly with fork until dough will form into a ball.
- 6Divide into two parts.
- 7Make each part into a ball and flatten with hands.
- 8Roll out on floured surface.
- 10Combine dry ingredients.
- 11Toss to coat apples and pour into 9" pie shell.
- 12Dot with butter and top with second crust.
- 13Flute edges of crusts together.
- 14Cover edges with foil.
- 15Bake at 450°F for 10 minutes.
- 16Reduce heat to 350°F and bake 30-45 minutes until bubbly.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flying High Apple Pie
Serving Size: 1 (1147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3142.4
- Calories from Fat 1413
- Total Fat 157.0 g
- Saturated Fat 38.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3500.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 417.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.2 g
- Sugars 202.5 g
- Protein 28.0 g