Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is my very own apple pie. Everyone who's had it loves it. That's a really good thing because we have 4 apple trees so I make a lot of these pies. Hope it melts in your mouth.
- Mix flour and salt.
- Cut in shortening until all flour is just blended and forms into pea-sized chunks.
- Sprinkle water 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Toss lightly with fork until dough will form into a ball.
- Divide into two parts.
- Make each part into a ball and flatten with hands.
- Roll out on floured surface.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Toss to coat apples and pour into 9" pie shell.
- Dot with butter and top with second crust.
- Flute edges of crusts together.
- Cover edges with foil.
- Bake at 450°F for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350°F and bake 30-45 minutes until bubbly.
I liked this recipe, it is simple, juicy, not too sweet and the amount of cinnamon does not overpower the apple taste. This pie reminded me of the ones my mother used to bake.