Recipe by 4Susan
These wings seem to fly off the table and directly into your mouth! Found this on the web and my husband and father really like them. Plan ahead - prep time does not include the 3 hours to 2 days of marinating. The marinade can be used with any cut of chicken and the leftover marinade can be served over rice.
- 1 cup grapefruit juice
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 20 -24 chicken wings
Directions See How It's Made
- In a plastic or glass bowl mix all ingredients, turning the chicken wings to coat thoroughly.
- Marinate at least 3 hours, preferably overnight, up to two days; Turn the wings occasionally while marinating.
- Preheat the broiler or grill; Broil or grill the wings using medium to low heat, turning once, for approximately 12 to 15 minutes- Be careful not to burn the skin.
- HINT: If wings cook too quickly on the outside, but the meat is still pink at the bone, then turn off the broiler and leave the wings to sit in the hot oven for 5 to 8 minutes; The wings will cook through without additional browning. Or, microwave the wings on high for a minute or so.
- Serve the wings hot or at room temperature; you can also boil the remaining marinade and pan juices until reduced and pour over cooked rice.