Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this in the AJC newspaper.
Make and share this Flying Biscuit Cafe: Creamy Dreamy White Cheddar Grits recipe from Food.com.
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups quick-cooking grits
- 1 cup grated white cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- In a saucepan, combine water, half-and-half, salt and white pepper and bring to a boil.
- Slowly pour grits into boiling water while whisking the entire time. (Watch out for splattering; mixture is very hot.)
- Reduce to low heat and continue to whisk often, until thick and completely smooth, about 10 minutes.
- Add cheese and stir gently until cheese melts.
- Whisk again to combine.
- Turn heat off and allow grits to rest 5 minutes.
- Add butter and stir until completely smooth, silky and shiny.
Thanks for posting...I absolutely LOVE the Flying Biscuit Cafe and try to enjoy a meal there every time I visit Atlanta. These grits are just as fantastic as I remembered and really made my day. I was craving something homey and rich and creamy so this was a perfect dish. I can't believe nobody else has tried/reviewed as this is a keeper and WELL WORTH TRYING!!!!