Flying Biscuit Cafe: Creamy Dreamy White Cheddar Grits
- In a saucepan, combine water, half-and-half, salt and white pepper and bring to a boil.
- Slowly pour grits into boiling water while whisking the entire time. (Watch out for splattering; mixture is very hot.)
- Reduce to low heat and continue to whisk often, until thick and completely smooth, about 10 minutes.
- Add cheese and stir gently until cheese melts.
- Whisk again to combine.
- Turn heat off and allow grits to rest 5 minutes.
- Add butter and stir until completely smooth, silky and shiny.