Prep 30 mins
Cook 18 mins
This would be a very cute idea for a spring class party at school or for a warm weather birthday!
- 510.29 g package white cake mix
- 3 eggs (or whatever package specifies)
- 78.07 ml oil (or whatever package specifies)
- 78.07 ml water (or whatever package specifies)
- 453.59 g container vanilla frosting
- green food coloring
- 48 small pretzels
- white candy coating, pieces melted
- colored sprinkles
- red licorice string
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place liners in muffin pans; set aside.
- Prepare cake mix following package directions for 24 cupcakes.
- Spoon batter into baking cups. Bake as directed. Cool.
- Tint frosting with green food color; frost cupcakes.
- For each butterfly, dip 2 mini pretzels in melted white candy coating.
- Place on wax paper wax paper with rounded sides of pretzels touching.
- Drizzle more candy coating between pretzels.
- Sprinkle with colored sprinkles.
- For antenna, insert 2 pieces of licorice into candy coating.
- When coating has hardened, stand butterfly on top of cupcake.