Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
Source: Hershey's Website
- 158.51 ml butter or 158.51 ml margarine, softened
- 414.03 ml sugar
- 2 eggs
- 6.16 ml almond extract
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 414.03 ml all-purpose flour
- 177.44 ml hershey's special dark cocoa
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 354.88 ml sour cream
- powdered sugar
CHERRY WHIPPED CREAM
- 236.59 ml whipping cream
- 44.37 ml powdered sugar
- 2.46 ml almond extract
- 1.23 ml vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml maraschino cherry, chopped
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube pan.
- Beat butter and sugar in bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs, almond and vanilla extracts; beat well.
- Combine flour, cocoa and baking soda; add to butter mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- For the Cherry Whipped Cream, beat whipping cream, powdered sugar, almond extract and vanilla extract until stiff. Stir in chopped maraschino cherries.
- Sift cake with powdered sugar and serve with Cherry Whipped Cream.