Source: Hershey's Website
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup butter or 2/3 cup margarine, softened
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup hershey's special dark cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- powdered sugar
CHERRY WHIPPED CREAM
- 1Heat oven to 350°F
- 2Grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube pan.
- 3Beat butter and sugar in bowl until creamy.
- 4Add eggs, almond and vanilla extracts; beat well.
- 5Combine flour, cocoa and baking soda; add to butter mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well.
- 6Pour into pan.
- 7Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted comes out clean.
- 8Cool 15 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack.
- 9Cool completely.
- 10For the Cherry Whipped Cream, beat whipping cream, powdered sugar, almond extract and vanilla extract until stiff. Stir in chopped maraschino cherries.
- 11Sift cake with powdered sugar and serve with Cherry Whipped Cream.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fluted Chocolate Maraschino Cherry Cake
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.7
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 102.2 mg
- Sodium 264.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 31.4 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: