Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs 30 mins
A rich and delicious dessert.
Make and share this Flummeries recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup brandy
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- Sprinkle gelatin over Brandy in a small bowl to soften.
- Heat cream, sugar, and zest, stirring until sugar is dissolved, and remove from heat.
- Stir in gelatin mixture until dissolved.
- Pour through a fine sieve into a large glass measure and pour into 8 (1/4-cup) molds.
- Cool flummeries completely and chill, covered, 6 hours.
- To unmold flummeries, dip molds, 1 at a time, into a bowl of hot water 2 seconds and gently pull edges away from molds with your fingertips.
- Invert desserts onto plates.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries and mint leaves.