I found this recipe in Taste Magazine (New Zealand) and it is amazing. Easy to make, never gloppy in the middle, light and fresh. They will fill you up at the time but not weigh you down and are not overloaded with sweet! These are my signature dish.....Enjoy!
- In large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, yoghurt and lemon zest until smooth.
- Add flour and sugar and whisk again until smooth.
- Batter should be dropping consistency; if too thick, add more milk; if too runny, add more flour.
- Heat large skillet/pan to medium. I don't use a spray as long as pans are non stick. Test heat of pan by dropping water on it; water should sizzle in drops.
- Using 1/4 cup measure, drop batter into pan ( I get three per pan) and cook until bubbles form and pop on surface (sides will start to look cooked rather than runny), flip and cook until golden. Second side will only take 30-60 seconds.
- Serve hot, in stacks of three, layered with bacon strips. Top with banana and raspberries, and of course (real) maple syrup! Yum!