1/1 Photo of Fluffy Whole Wheat Pancakes
Even Using 100% whole wheat flour these are light and Delicious. You won't miss using All Purpose flour, I promise! Detail, details: Benefits: 30% Lower glycemic load, 25% more protein, 40% less inflammation factor rating, 500% more Fiber! http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/cereal-grains-and-pasta/5744/2 http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/cereal-grains-and-pasta/5745/2 Topping found here: http://www.food.com/recipe.do?rid=rz.314472 - You can use soy milk if you like. - Unless you are Vegan don't skip on the Egg (yolk), it's a chemical thing. - If you cut the recipe in half, still use one egg. - It may seem tempting to not add the oil either, but again - unless it's a health thing, you can chemical reactions. You also don't have to use oil/spray on the griddle if it's non-stick this way. - Try substituting some Whole-Grain Corn meal for flour and removing vanilla for corn cakes! - I also add salt & Garlic (remove vanilla) to make dinner cakes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift DRY ingredients: Flour, Powder, & Salt into bowl. Use the whisk to push it through the Sieve.
- 2Make a well (hole) in the middle of the dry ingredients.
- 3Pour all the WET ingredients: Honey, Milk, Egg, Oil, & Vanilla into that well.
- 4DO NOT OVER MIX - it should only take about 20-30 strokes. Here's how:.
- 5Beat only the WET ingredients for a few strokes.
- 6Gradually add in the DRY ingredients, pulling just the edges into the center well.
- 7Keep doing this until all the DRY is incorporated into the WET and you have a batter.
- 8KEY: Let the batter sit for at LEAST 10min, 15 is better.
- 9Heat griddle to 350F - On a normal stove this is MEDIUM heat. If you have a knob with numbers 1-10, Medium is about #4.
- 10When you know griddle is hot, and batter has sat long enough ladle batter onto the hot surface.
- 11I suggest doing only 1 at first to see how much it spreads. No one likes Butt-Cheek Cakes ;).
- 12Let the cake cook for about 1-2min (it's fast, I know!).
- 13When the edges have solidified and there is less steam escaping it is ready to flip.
- 14Pancakes WILL TELL YOU when they are ready to be flipped. If it doesn't release on its own - it's not ready.
- 15Once flipped it should only cook about 1 more min - but 2 is fine.
- 16Place cooked cakes on damp paper/dish towel in a warm oven, covered.
- 17Repeat for the rest of the cakes.
- 18If setting a 2min timer works for you, do that - so shame is playing it safe ;).
- 19Pair with Strawberry Balsalmic Topping ! http://www.food.com/recipe/strawberry-balsamic-topping-sweet-savory-475098.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fluffy Whole Wheat Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.0
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 47.4 mg
- Sodium 700.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 8.3 g