1/1 Photo of Fluffy White Frosting
This frosting reminds me of marshmallows--but not as sweet. It was originally part of another recipe, but I think it would be great on a variety of cakes. Active prep time includes cooking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In the top of a double boiler, combine sugar, egg whites,corn syrup, cream of tartar, and 1/3 cup water.
- 2Place over simmering water.
- 3Beat on high speed with handheld electric mixer until icing forms soft peaks, about 2 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat and beat in vanilla.
- 5Continue beating 5 minutes, or just until stiff peaks form.
- 6Spread on cooled cake immediately.
- 7Makes enough to frost a 2-3 layer cake.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fluffy White Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (32 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.7
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 25.3 g
- Protein 0.6 g