Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
an old recipe..delicious..my grandmother used to make this
Make and share this Fluffy White Frosting recipe from Food.com.
- blend flour and milk in saucepan. Cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Let stand at room temperature for several hours.
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla in mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add milk mixture gradually, beating constantly until fluffy.
- Frost cooled cake.
- Enough frosting for a 2 layer cake.
Yum.... It frosted an orange creamsicle cake! http://www.food.com/recipe/dreamsicle-creamsicle-cake-73778
Like the cake, the frosting was really easy! I like easy... =)
The granulated sugar made it taste grainy, so I kept beating for another five minutes. Would you believe that made all the difference in the world? It didn't taste like play-doh like I thought it would. It was so good! This is a keeper!
Yes! Despite all the butter, this is so light and fluffy and it will be a staple. I have slaved over the boiled fluffy white frosting before and hated the standard butter/powered sugar frosting. This is something a "frosting hater" would warm up to. If my choosey hubby and my five year old gave me thumbs up, then I know I have a winner! Thank you!
When I first tasted this frosting I was skeptical but it really really grew on me. It has almost a custardy taste - very addictive. I will definitely be making this one again!