Recipe by grandma2969
an old recipe..delicious..my grandmother used to make this
Top Review by Mura Wehi
Yum.... It frosted an orange creamsicle cake! http://www.food.com/recipe/dreamsicle-creamsicle-cake-73778
Like the cake, the frosting was really easy! I like easy... =)
The granulated sugar made it taste grainy, so I kept beating for another five minutes. Would you believe that made all the difference in the world? It didn't taste like play-doh like I thought it would. It was so good! This is a keeper!
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- blend flour and milk in saucepan. Cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Let stand at room temperature for several hours.
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla in mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add milk mixture gradually, beating constantly until fluffy.
- Frost cooled cake.
- Enough frosting for a 2 layer cake.