Prep 20 mins
Cook 22 mins
Add in a little food coloring to the frosting and cake mix to create pastel shades if desired --- if you mix the cake batter by hand with a wooden spoon you will get a lesser amount of cupcakes, an electric mixer adds in more air while mixing you will get about 22-24 cupcakes --- for coconut cupcakes add in 1-2 teaspoons coconut extract (instead of the vanilla and almond extract) into the cake mix and frosting then sprinkle with soft flaked coconut on top of frosting.
- 517.37 g package white cake mix with pudding
- 295.73 ml buttermilk
- 59.14 ml butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 9.85 ml vanilla (or use clear vanilla)
- 2.46 ml almond extract
- 118.29 ml butter, room temperature
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, room temperature
- 4.92 ml vanilla (can use clear vanilla)
- 29.58 ml whipping cream, unwhipped (more if neded)
- 828.06 ml confectioners' sugar (more if needed)
- food coloring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- Line 24 muffin tins with paper liners.
- For the cupcakes; In a large bowl using an electric mixer on low speed beat all cake ingredients together until blended.
- Increase to medium speed and beat for 2 minutes.
- Divide the batter between the paper-lined muffin tins filling about two-thirds full.
- Bake for about 22-25 minutes or until cupcakes test done.
- Remove to wire racks and cool completely.
- For the frosting; in a large bowl cream the butter, cream cheese, vanilla and whipping cream until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes).
- Add in the confectioners sugar and beat until combined and smooth adding in more cream or confectioners sugar to achieve desired spreading consistancy.
- Add in food couling if desired.
- Spread onto cooled cupcakes.
- Srore the cupcakes in the fridge.
I agree awesome cupcakes! I will be making these again this coming week when my kids have their friends over. I did also add food coloring which the kids loved!
These are some awesome cupcakes! They are so light and fluffy and the cream cheese icing is the best I have ever had. Not to mention, it made exactly how many you said it would! I made these for a 4th of July picnic and took some up to work and the only complaint I heard was that people couldn't stop eating them! Thanks for an awesome recipe!