Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a delicious potato dish that can be served with roast beef, steaks, chicken, fish etc.
- 10 medium potatoes, peeled
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄2 lb extra old cheddar cheese (or whatever strength of cheddar cheese you'd like)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Boil potatoes in salt water.
- Mashh the potatoes and mix with 1 cup of whipping cream until it is creamy and thick.
- Add the salt and pepper to taste along with a sprinkle of cheese.
- Put in a lightly greased (I spray Pam or any other veg spray) 9x13 casserole.
- Layer with 1 cup cream which has been whipped.
- Sprinkle with the remaining grated cheese on top.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours.
DELISH! This is a new comfort food for me! This made a ton too! I used 4 extra-large baking potatoes and did everything else to a T! It was so yummy, and even thought I was full, I had to go back for seconds on these! And so did my hubby! Thanks for a creamy comforting potato dish!