Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
The cinnamon cream syrup is a nice change from maple syrup...and it keeps quite well in the fridge.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
CINNAMON CREAM SYRUP
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Combine the egg yolks, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions.
- Meanwhile, for syrup, combine sugar, corn syrup and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the milk, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Serve with waffles.
Awesome!! The waffles are super good and fluffy!
This was a good recipe but I think I'll still keep shopping around. Thank you!
I make waffles all of the time. I tried this recipe and my family loved it.
I did make one provision, I used buttermilk instead of regular milk. It worked out very nicely.
Lots of flavour!