Recipe by DotM
easy to make and unusual , came from an elderly lady
Top Review by Ellen W.
More of a salty biscuit than a sweet scone, but super-fast to make. I had to bake it 15 min, though. I used a generic Mountain Dew-type soda and it worked fine. Try it in crescent shapes, spit in half with a hunk of havarti cheese - yum! Or it would be good with shredded cheddar mixed in.
Directions See How It's Made
- Put flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- cut in the margarine.
- Pour in the 7 up all at once and stir with a fork until moist.
- Knead 8--10 times.
- Roll the biscuit dough 3/4 of a inch, rest a few minutes.
- cut out biscuits and place on a cookie sheet.
- brush top with butter bake at425 for 12 minutes.