Recipe by sugarpea
Quick-cooking tapioca makes this stovetop version of tapioca pudding fast and easy. Dh's favorite because it's light and fluffy, never gummy. He loves it warm. Cook time is chill time.
Top Review by Lianna Banana
This is pretty good. It is similar to the Fluffy Tapioca recipe on the Minute Tapioca box. However, this pudding is a little bit too thin. So I increased the quick-cooking tapioca to 3/8 cup (6 TBSP). I also saved out half of the sugar and added it to the beaten egg whites -- I think it tastes better that way. Also, in my opinion, the salt isn't necessary. I tried making it both ways, with salt and without, and my preference is without. Thanks for posting this recipe!
- 4 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 slightly beaten egg yolks
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 stiffly beaten egg whites
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine milk, tapioca, sugar and salt in a saucepan; let sit 5 minutes; add egg yolks; bring to boil, stirring constantly; remove from heat (mixture will be thin); stir in vanilla.
- Pour the pudding into a serving bowl; stir 1/3 of the stiffly beaten egg whites into the pudding; gently fold in remaining egg whites, leaving little"pillows" of egg white; chill.