Recipe by catlover510
This is a good recipe for tapioca pudding
Top Review by HisPixie
I use this recipe for my husband and I. I found it on the back of the Kraft Minute Tapioca box. I can no longer find the non-quick tapioca so this is the recipe I use. It's very good and pretty diet friendly, for a dessert.
- 1 egg, separated
- 6 tablespoons sugar, divided in half
- 3 tablespoons minute tapioca
- 2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- BEAT egg white in small bowl with electric mixer on high speed until foamy. Very slowly add 3 tablespoons sugar, beating until soft peaks form.
- MIX tapioca, remaining sugar, milk and egg yolk in medium saucepan. Let stand 5 minutes.
- COOK on medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to full boil. Remove from heat.
- *Pour 1/4 of tapioca mixture into egg white mixture and gently fold mixtures together so it doesn't lose it's fluffiness. Repeat from * until all of tapioca mixture is folded into the egg white mixture.
- Cool 20 minutes or until cold; stir.