Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are a classic of my Gram B's. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one in the family that has the recipe & makes them. It would be a shame to let it end with me!
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 egg white, beaten until stiff
- 1⁄2 cup sour milk
- 1 cup soft butter
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- Cream together butter, sugars, egg yolk and sour milk (I add 1 tbsp of sour cream to milk and whisk).
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Mix dry ingredients into creamed butter mixture.
- Fold stiffened egg white into batter.
- Drop batter onto cookie sheets 1 inch apart. sprinkle with additional sugar or cinnamon-sugar mixture, if desired.
- Bake at 375°F for 8-10 minutes.
These cookies certainly are soft and fluffy. My very young gd ate them with ease, and I packed some up for her to take home. I'm sure I will be making these again.
thanks for posting the recipe.