Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Southern Living; family favorite
Top Review by bella214
Yowser Wowser!!!! These are the BOMB!! Soft, sweet, and buttery sweet potatoes that literally melted in our mouths. Very easy to scoop out the pulp. Went nicely with out pork shoulder roast. Would also go well with ham. Thanks for a spetacular side dish. Thanks Nurse Di.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup marshmallow cream
- 1⁄4 cup melted margarine
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large marshmallows, quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash potatoes; place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 40 minutes or until tender; allow to cool.
- Slice skin away from top of each potato.
- Carefully scoop out pulp, leaving shells intact.
- Combine pulp, marshmallow cream, margarine, sugar, and salt in a bowl.
- Beat with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Spoon potato mixture into shells; top each with a quartered marshmallow.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until well heated.