Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Southern Living; family favorite
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup marshmallow cream
- 1⁄4 cup melted margarine
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large marshmallows, quartered
- Wash potatoes; place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 40 minutes or until tender; allow to cool.
- Slice skin away from top of each potato.
- Carefully scoop out pulp, leaving shells intact.
- Combine pulp, marshmallow cream, margarine, sugar, and salt in a bowl.
- Beat with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Spoon potato mixture into shells; top each with a quartered marshmallow.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until well heated.
Yowser Wowser!!!! These are the BOMB!! Soft, sweet, and buttery sweet potatoes that literally melted in our mouths. Very easy to scoop out the pulp. Went nicely with out pork shoulder roast. Would also go well with ham. Thanks for a spetacular side dish. Thanks Nurse Di.
These were, in the words of my grandson--killer!! Almost like a dessert. The filling was rich and sweet. The marshmallow creme and brown sugar are the key ingredients I think. Served this with a lovely baked ham. Thanks Nurse Di, for another yummy recipe.
Usually when I make sweet potatoes I'm left eating them all by myself (well I do like them plain afterall) but this time everyone especially the picky kids loved them. Use this recipe if you have trouble getting your kids to eat their vegtables (or not, they're unbeleivably delicious!)