A light and luscious ending to a meal. Adopted from the Recipezaar account Feb 2005. This pie works well using all light products, such as sugar free strawberry Jello, fat free, sugar free vanilla Jello pudding, ultra low fat cool whip and skim milk. I used a graham crust when I tried it, but a standard pastry crust or shortbread crust would be good too. The packet size in the recipe is the standard 4 serving size package.
- Completely dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Add ice cubes and stir until melted.
- Prepare pie filling mix with 3/4 cup milk as directed on package for about 2 minutes.
- Blend in gelatin.
- Chill, if necessary, until thickened.
- Fold in 2 cups of the whipped topping and strawberries.
- Pour into crust.
- Chill in refrigerator 3 hours before serving.
- Garnish with remaining whipped topping and additional strawberries, if desired.