Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A light and luscious ending to a meal. Adopted from the Recipezaar account Feb 2005. This pie works well using all light products, such as sugar free strawberry Jello, fat free, sugar free vanilla Jello pudding, ultra low fat cool whip and skim milk. I used a graham crust when I tried it, but a standard pastry crust or shortbread crust would be good too. The packet size in the recipe is the standard 4 serving size package.
- 1 packet strawberry gelatin
- 3⁄4 cup milk, cold
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 3 1⁄2 cups Cool Whip Topping
- 1⁄2 cup ice cube
- 1 pint strawberry, hulled & sliced
- 1 packet instant vanilla pudding
- 1 9-inch baked pie crust, cooled
- Completely dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Add ice cubes and stir until melted.
- Prepare pie filling mix with 3/4 cup milk as directed on package for about 2 minutes.
- Blend in gelatin.
- Chill, if necessary, until thickened.
- Fold in 2 cups of the whipped topping and strawberries.
- Pour into crust.
- Chill in refrigerator 3 hours before serving.
- Garnish with remaining whipped topping and additional strawberries, if desired.
I made this for my 4th of July dinner and it was a great hit. It was so easy to make. It is a keeper and I will definitely make it again!
I love tihs recipe. It was easy to make and quite tasty will make again
Delicious!!!! I used sugar free pudding/jello and fat free cool whip. I only had shallow pie crusts and this recipe made a lot of filling so I made 2! I just froze the 2nd for later. I'll make this one again. Thanks for a light yet scrumptious recipe!I