pies & cakes & cookies ohmy!'s Note:
I got this out of a Country Cooking Book. It makes a beautiful presentation. Bridal showers and baby showers are perfect occasions, but dinner is a good one too. VERY yummy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar, until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar till stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Fold in crackers and pecans and vanilla.
- 2Spread on bottom and up sides of a greased 10 inch deep dish pie plate. Bake at 350* for 20-25 minutes or till lightly browned. Cool completely.
- 3Slice the strawberries and mash slightly. Drain juice and reserve 1/2 cup. In a saucepan, combine marshmallows and reserved juice. Cook and stir over medium heat till marshmallows are melted. Refrigerate till cooled and partially set. Remove from fridge and add strawberries and whipped topping to marshmallow mixture. Add a drop of red food coloring if desired. Spoon mixture into meringue shell and smooth top. Refrigerate several hours or overnight to set completely.
- 4Note: prep time does not include chill time.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fluffy Strawberry Meringue Pie
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.2
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 78.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 50.5 g
- Protein 3.6 g