Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
A wonderful pie to serve to guests as a dessert! Plan ahead this pie needs to chill for a minumum of 3 hours before serving. Use the 4 serving size jello for this)
- 1 prebaked pie crust (completely cooled)
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1 (106 g) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice (juice of 4 limes)
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 pint fresh red ripe strawberry (slightly crushed, about 2 cups)
- whipped cream
- fresh sliced strawberry
- In a bowl mix the strawberry gelatin with boiling water until the gelatin and sugar are completely dissolved.
- Stir in the lime peel and lime juice.
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour or until very thick but NOT set.
- In a medium bowl beat the gelatin mixture using an electric mixer on high speed for about 4 minutes, scraping the bowl occasionally until thick and fluffy; set aside.
- In another chilled bowl beat the whipping cream and 3/4 cup powdered sugar on high speed until stiff.
- Using a spatula gently stir in the whipping cream mixture with the crushed strawberries into the gelatin/lime mixture.
- Pour into prepared baked crust.
- Refrigerate for a minumum of 3 hours or until set.
- Garnish with whipped cream and sliced strawberries.
- Refrigerate and leftovers.
This was wonderful! So refreshing...it would be great on a hot summmer day! Not too tart and not too sweet...just perfect! Thanks for sharing!