Recipe by Recipe Reader
Three simple ingredients: jello, water, and frozen strawberries. It would be great alone, in a trifle, or over shortcake. Garnish with whipped cream, if desired. Most of the recipe time is just chilling in the refrigerator.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
A lot of people don't make jello dishes anymore & I'm not sure why, 'cause they can be very tasty ~ Certainly this one is! Easy to prepare & a refreshing strawberry taste! These kinds of recipes are winners were I come from! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Game]
- 1 (3 ounce) boxjello strawberry gelatin
- 10 ounces frozen strawberries, sliced and sweetened (partially thawed)
- 1 cup water, boiling
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine the jello mix and boiling water.
- Stir well to dissolve the jello, add the strawberries and stir to separate the fruit.
- Chill in refrigerator until mixture begins to thicken, 20 - 30 minutes.
- Beat with an electric mixer for a few minutes, until thick and frothy.
- Pour into serving dishes and refrigerate several hours.