1/2 Photos of Fluffy Sponge Cake
Susie T's Note:
A very nice, light and fluffy cake that everyone will enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 600 ml thickened cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1Heat oven to 160 degrees celsius.
- 2Grease and line a 23 cm cake tin with baking paper and grease again and add some cornflour and caster sugar to coat bottom and sides of tin.
- 3Whisk egg whites in a clean bowl until fluffy.
- 4Add caster sugar gradually until dissolved.
- 5Add egg yolks one by one.
- 6Fold in sifted flour and baking powder.
- 7Bake for 35-45 minutes depending on your oven.
- 8Test after 35 minutes just in case.
- 9To make filling, simply whip cream with sugar, cut sponge cake in half and fill with cream.
- 10Place top layer of cake and spread with passionfruit icing.
- 11To make icing, sift icing sugar and add passionfruit pulp to desired consistency.
- 12If too runny put in more icing sugar and vice versa.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fluffy Sponge Cake
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 533.7
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 224.4 mg
- Sodium 172.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 45.1 g
- Protein 7.9 g