Prep 2 hrs
Cook 45 mins
This is a recipe I created from several recipes I found online. I used several tips that sounded as though they would work. I hope you all enjoy it.
- 10 eggs, separated
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornflour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 4 teaspoons orange juice
- 4 teaspoons orange zest
- Preheat the oven to 350°C.
- Grease a large pan or two smaller ones and line with waxed paper. Grease the paper and coat with a corn flour and sugar mixture.
- Whisk egg yolks, adding half the sugar gradually until light coloured and creamy.
- Add oil, orange juice and orange zest and beat again.
- Whisk egg whites until very light and forms soft peaks.
- Add the other half of sugar gradually beating on medium to high speed.
- Add corn flour, flour, salt and baking powder gradually to the egg yolks, beating all the while.
- Gently fold in the egg whites with a rubber spatula until well mixed.
- Spoon the mixture into the pan and bake for 35- 45 minutes until brown.
- A toothpick inserted into the center should be clean and the midlle should spring back when touched.