1/1 Photo of Fluffy Spinach, Onion and Roasted Red Pepper Quiche With Gruyere
1 hr 25 mins
Wish I Could Cook's Note:
In my quest to find out what makes a quiche fluffy, I've cobbled together this recipe. And it makes a great tasting quiche with a beautiful presentation. The key (surprisingly) is not to overbeat the eggs, not to use too hot of an oven, and don't overdue the liquids.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 inches baked pie crusts
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 ounces gruyere cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper
- 4 eggs
- 8 ounces plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 ounces roasted red peppers, chopped
- 10 ounces fresh spinach (may use frozen if squeezed really dry)
- 1Blind bake your pie crust and let it cool.
- 2When crust is cool, spread Dijon mustard on bottom of the crust. Top with grated gruyere.
- 3Carmelize onions in olive oil. Add thyme, salt and pepper. Set aside. Spread onions on top of cheese layer.
- 4Chop fresh spinach and cook in frying pan with chopped roasted red peppers until wilted and starting to dry, set aside.
- 5Wisk together eggs, yogurt and baking powder. (Don't use a mixer.).
- 6Add spinach and roasted red peppers to egg mixture and pour over cheese layer.
- 7If you're feeling creative, decorate the top with some red pepper strips.
- 8Bake in 350 degree oven for 55 minutes until knife inserted in center comes out clean. You may want to protect crust edges with foil.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fluffy Spinach, Onion and Roasted Red Pepper Quiche With Gruyere
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 368.5
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 147.0 mg
- Sodium 683.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 15.6 g