Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
One day I was just setting around the house thinking to myself "I would really love to start making homemade recipes of my own". That particular day I was craving biscuits so I thought why not start by making homemade biscuits. I gave it a shot and my biscuits were horrible. A couple of days later I thought I would give it another try and to my surprise they turned out perfect. I have been using this recipe every since. Enjoy!!! :)
- **Preheat oven to 425 degrees**.
- 1. Mix all dry ingredients together in bowl [includes flour(self rising or all purpose), salt, baking powder, and sugar].
- 2. Cut small pieces of butter or shortening into the dry mix. With a fork mash the pieces of butter or shortening into the mix well so that it all becomes small crumbles.
- 3. Add in the milk and beaten egg.
- 4. Stir mixture until dough forms.
- 5. Place dough on lightly floured board and knead dough.
- 6. Cut dough with a biscuit cutter or use a glass that is floured.
- 7. Place biscuit on a baking sheet or a thin pan about 1/2 inch. At this point you can add melted butter on the top of the biscuits.
- 8. Put biscuits in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes(or until they are golden brown).
I tried this recipe one night after finding tiny glass shards in my canned storebought biscuits. Disappointed in the mass manufacturing process of canned biscuits and the lack of quality control, I was determined to pave my way to newfound homemade biscuit making freedom. I followed this recipe and was super impressed with the results. They were delicious. They rose slightly in the oven but I made them kind of thin to begin with. Thanks for the great recipe. This is definitely worth whipping up as it will give you confidence and independence from storebought biscuits!