One day I was just setting around the house thinking to myself "I would really love to start making homemade recipes of my own". That particular day I was craving biscuits so I thought why not start by making homemade biscuits. I gave it a shot and my biscuits were horrible. A couple of days later I thought I would give it another try and to my surprise they turned out perfect. I have been using this recipe every since. Enjoy!!! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1**Preheat oven to 425 degrees**.
- 21. Mix all dry ingredients together in bowl [includes flour(self rising or all purpose), salt, baking powder, and sugar].
- 32. Cut small pieces of butter or shortening into the dry mix. With a fork mash the pieces of butter or shortening into the mix well so that it all becomes small crumbles.
- 43. Add in the milk and beaten egg.
- 54. Stir mixture until dough forms.
- 65. Place dough on lightly floured board and knead dough.
- 76. Cut dough with a biscuit cutter or use a glass that is floured.
- 87. Place biscuit on a baking sheet or a thin pan about 1/2 inch. At this point you can add melted butter on the top of the biscuits.
- 98. Put biscuits in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes(or until they are golden brown).
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fluffy Southern Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.5
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 75.4 mg
- Sodium 1191.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 6.7 g