Taking what I know about rice pilaf, that it can be pretty blan sometimes, I came up with a great TASTY way to make rice. My family requests this all the time. Great served with Chicken, Pork and Steak. For those of you that don't want all the vegetables in your rice, try this one!
- Pour canned chicken broth in measuring cup add water to make 4 cups, add 2 tbls water.
- Add powdered chicken boulion to broth along with salt and pepper. Microwave for 6 minutes while preparing the rice.
- Add 3 tbls olive oil to dutch pan on med-high heat. Once it starts to get hot add Fideo pasta (or broken vermicelli). Keep stirring until it starts to brown. Slice butter into 4 tbls and add to pan. Add 2 cups rice and continue to brown. (This will stop the pasta from getting too brown).
- At this point, you should hear your microwave telling you the broth is ready.
- CAREFULLY -- (very important) pour into pan slowly. Once all the broth is in, stir and bring the mixture to a boil. Once you see the mixture thickening, put a lid on it, adjust temperature to simmer and set timer for 25 minutes! Once your timer goes off, turn heat off and do not take the lid off the pot. Let it sit for at least 5 minutes before removing the lid.
- Fluff with a fork and serve.