Recipe by teresas
This is a dish that has a nice strong and intense flavor. It's easy to prepare. Just serve a side vegetable with it and dinner is done. Hope you enjoy!
Top Review by Mrsstack79
I grew up eating this a lot but done just a tad different. My mom would cook a whole chicken and then once cooled pick it off the bone. She would then mix everything together and pour into a casserole dish then bake it until the rice was done. The chicken was never dried out and it was one of our favorite meals. Now that I'm married and I cook it, I throw my chicken in a crock pot to cook then prepare my rice on the stove. Shred my chicken and add everything else to it. Pop it in the oven to just heat it all the way through. Very quick and you don't have to worry about making sure the rice has enough liquid or not.
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) soup can milk
- 3⁄4 cup rice, uncooked
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 2 whole chicken breasts, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix mushroom soup and milk; reserve 1/2 cup of mixture.
- Mix remaining soup mixture, the rice, mushrooms (with liquid) and half the onion soup mix.
- Pour into ungreased baking dish, 11 1/2 X 7 1/2 X 1 1/2 inches.
- Place chicken breasts on top.
- Pour reserved soup mixture over chicken breasts; sprinkle with remaining onion soup mix.
- Cover with aluminum foil; bake 1 hour.
- Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer.