Cook2 hrs 12 mins
A lovely fall appetizer. I served these at a bridal shower and they were a huge hit! You can buy premade tartlet shells if short on time-the filling is a snap to put together. Cook time includes 2 hours of chilling. I also like to use cheesecake pudding mix. The filling is good as a dip with graham crackers too...mmmm!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (5 ounce) package vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- For shells, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar; mix in flour to form a soft dough.
- Cover and refrigerate at least one hour or overnight.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls; place in ungreased mini muffin pan. Press dough with a tartlet shaper dipped in flour to form a shell.
- Poke shells several times with a fork, then bake at 450 degrees for 10-12 minutes until golden. Cool several minutes in pan, then completely on a rack. (If needed I reshape the tartlets immediately after baking.).
- For filling, mix pumpkin, dry pudding mix, milk, and spices. Fold in whipped topping.
- Pipe filling into each tartlet shell.
- Keep refrigerated until using.