Recipe by cookingpompom
A friend gave me this recipe. Very fluffy, light and morish! Yoghurt makes this a little different, plus adds to the light texture.
Top Review by diner524
Wonderful flavored pancakes and nice switch!!! I made 1/2 of the recipe and followed as written and they were nice and fluffy and moist. We tried them with some butter and a shake of powdered sugar, but not sweet enough for our tastes. We then tried sprinkling on a cinnamon/sugar mixture which went perfectly with these cakes. I also think maple syrup would be good too!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for ZWT8.
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3⁄4 cup milk (low fat or full fat, you choose)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl add the flour, spices and baking powder. Use a whisk to airate it and get lots of air inches.
- In a seperate bowl, beat the eggs with a beater until foamy - about 3 minutes. Add the yoghurt, milk, pumpkin, vanilla, sugar, and brown sugar. Beat to mix well.
- Pour the egg mix into the flour mix and gently fold to combine.
- Spoon 1/4 of a cup on to a buttered hot pan and cook over a medium heat.
- Let each side cook for about 3 minutes.