Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A friend gave me this recipe. Very fluffy, light and morish! Yoghurt makes this a little different, plus adds to the light texture.
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3⁄4 cup milk (low fat or full fat, you choose)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- In a large bowl add the flour, spices and baking powder. Use a whisk to airate it and get lots of air inches.
- In a seperate bowl, beat the eggs with a beater until foamy - about 3 minutes. Add the yoghurt, milk, pumpkin, vanilla, sugar, and brown sugar. Beat to mix well.
- Pour the egg mix into the flour mix and gently fold to combine.
- Spoon 1/4 of a cup on to a buttered hot pan and cook over a medium heat.
- Let each side cook for about 3 minutes.
Wonderful flavored pancakes and nice switch!!! I made 1/2 of the recipe and followed as written and they were nice and fluffy and moist. We tried them with some butter and a shake of powdered sugar, but not sweet enough for our tastes. We then tried sprinkling on a cinnamon/sugar mixture which went perfectly with these cakes. I also think maple syrup would be good too!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for ZWT8.
This recipe did not work out for me. Maybe it was because I used AP flour, and Greek yogurt, as those were what I had on hand. The batter was super thick, and the pancakes were super dense, did not fluff up at all, and even with 8 minutes on each side, didn't really get done. The taste was great, but consistency was way off.
Loved the pumpkin and spice of these pancakes. Nice change. We served these with maple syrup. Enjoyed by all. Thank You. Made for ZWT8.