Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
There is enough frosting to frost the outside of a bundt or layer cake.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1⁄3 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1⁄4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon allspice (use a 1/4 teaspoon)
- 1 cup whipping cream (unwhipped)
- In a medium bowl beat cream cheese with icing sugar, 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup pumpkin puree, honey and allspice until light and fluffy (about 3-4 minutes).
- In another bowl beat the whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture in 2 additions.
- Refrigerate any unused frosting, also refrigerate cake after frosing.
This is delightful and yummy! I used my homemade pumpkin puree which is a little runnier so had to add a bit more sugar but it was great and pretty. Thanks!
Very good! I made this to use with some pumpkin cookies (sandwiched them with this frosting) and it worked great. Frosting is very light and fluffy with subtle pumpkin and spice flavor. Perfectly enhanced the pumpkin cookies, which were overwhelmed by regular cream cheese frosting. Thanks Kittencal!
I love this frosting, I used it to frost cookies, although the icing was a bit soft, it is delicious. Thank you KITTEN.