Recipe by from Laura's kitchen to yours
This recipe is a favorite in my family. There isn't a holiday that goes by that I don't make this. Everyone in my family has something to bring, well this is my food to make and bring for the holidays.This is a very rich food but it is so good you can't get enough of it. I got this recipe from my Grandmother out in Florida who got it from a friend of hers while camping with there RV'S and had a pot luck dinner. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does.
- 1 cup butter (melted) or 1 cup margarine (melted)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 cups pretzels, crushed
- 2 (20 ounce) cans crushed pineapple
- 2 (8 ounce) cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 (8 ounce) whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- You will need a large bowl because this makes alot.
- Mix in a bowl 2/3 cups sugar, 2 cups of crushed pretzels and 2 sticks of melted butter. Lay on a cookie sheet. Bake for 5 minutes at 400 degrees. When cold crumble and set aside.
- Mix: 2 (20oz) cans crushed pineapple (juice and all) with 2 (8oz) tubs of cream cheese (softened) and 1 cup of sugar. Fold in the 2 (8oz) whip cream.
- Refrigerate until you are ready to serve (when put in the fridge it will stiffen up). When you are ready to serve mix in carmelized pretzels.