Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe was taken from E-Cookbooks International Recipe Sampler
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vinegar or 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch salt
- Sift flour, salt and soda into a small bowl.
- Add sugar, egg and milk.
- Beat on low speed until mixed.
- Beat on high speed for about 1 minute, then fold in melted butter.
- Place spoonfuls onto a hot gridle or frypan.
A very fluffly pancake!While it was ok I won't be making them a lot, coz we prefer the American style pancakes (the recipe I make for them is pretty much the same just less rising agents). But it's possible that my DD will ask for them again!