Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
This wonderful egg recipe takes minutes to prepare and only 35 min to bake. When fresh out of the oven it's light and fluffy and makes a great meal to share with family. As leftovers, it's a fabulous quick meal in the microwave! This recipe makes TWO 9x13 pans of eggs to be warned that it makes a lot. But it's addicting!
- 20 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 1⁄2 lbs monterey jack pepper cheese (grated)
- 1 cup butter (soften, almost melted)
- 3 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- Beat the eggs and add the cottage cheese, chilies and butter. Mix well and then add the salt and baking powder. Then, add the flour and mix. Last, add the grated pepperjack cheese and stir. Pour into two greased 9x13 pans. Bake 35 min at 350 degrees. Serve hot.
I made this for a family breakfast and served it with salsa, sour cream and sliced avocados as condiments and it was a fantastic hit. It was so well liked that all of the left overs were eaten for lunch. This is going to be my "go-to" recipe for family gatherings and 1/2 a recipe make 1- 9x13 pan for smaller groups.