Recipe by Beth Brady.
This frosting is amazing, especially with chocolate cupcakes! Creamy, smooth and fluffy. I recommend you do not use margarine, as it makes it a little greasy. Make sure your butter is softened, not melted, and not just at room temp. Leave it out for an hour or so before using. Works well for piping. If you are piping, or like lots of frosting, this will frost about 18 cupcakes. If you spread it on, you might get 24. Enjoy! From Allrecipes.
Top Review by cheridurbin
A-may-zing!! Super easy, and surprisingly fluffy for a homemade buttercream type frosting. Not heavy or thick, just light and fluffy. But beware, this is deceptively rich, and since it's so delicious, you could possibly eat waaaaaaaay too much, and I'm rockin a tummy ache right now... :) 5 stars, will surely make this one alot!
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 236.59 ml creamy peanut butter
- 709.77 ml confectioners' sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 44.37 ml milk, as needed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together butter and peanut butter until well blended and you can't see any of the butter anymore.
- Add sugar, one cup at a time, mixing until well blended.
- Add vanilla.
- Begin adding milk, a little at a time until it reaches the consistency you want. I usually don't measure, but I think I use all 3 tablespoons.
- Whip on high until fluffy and pale in color.