1/1 Photo of Fluffy Pancakes With Orange Maple Syrup
LUv 2 BaKE's Note:
How do you make pancakes nice and fluffy but still really moist? Add mashed potatoes! The orange maple syrup combines the flavours of orange, apricot and maple, to create a sweet, flavourful thin sauce. Do not skip beating the egg whites, as this is what makes the pancakes fluffy.------ Recipe created by me for RSC #9!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggs, yolk and white separated
- 3/4 cup white potato, cooked and mashed to form 3/4 cup unflavoured
- mashed potatoes
- 1 1/4 cups skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
Orange Maple Syrup
- 1For the MASHED POTATO: peel and dice two medium-small white potatoes.
- 2Place in a medium saucepan on high heat and add enough water to cover.
- 3Once potatoes are boiling reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or till potatoes are done.
- 4Mash potatoes with potato masher and enough milk to make them creamy.
- 5For the ORANGE MAPLE SYRUP: place chopped apricots, orange zest, orange juice, and pinch cinnamon in a small saucepan, heat on medium heat till boiling.
- 6Turn off heat, add Splenda, brown sugar, and water and let stand for 15 minutes so apricots can continue to soften.
- 7In a food processor or blender, blend apricot orange juice mixture till as smooth as you can get it.
- 8Stir in pancake syrup. Serve warm.
- 9For the PANCAKES: Separate two eggs, place the yolks in a large bowl and the whites in a medium bowl.
- 10Beat the egg whites with a hand mixer until white, fluffy and stiff, set aside.
- 11Add ¾ cup mashed potato to the egg yolks and whisk with a wire whisk till smooth.
- 12Add milk and vanilla, and whisk till smooth.
- 13Add flour, cinnamon, brown sugar and baking powder to the wet ingredients, stir until just mixed.
- 14Fold in beaten egg whites.
- 15On a greased or cooking sprayed griddle or pan, cook pancakes using ¼ cup per pancake (batter will be quite thick); cook until bubbles start to appear and flip.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fluffy Pancakes With Orange Maple Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.9
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 94.5 mg
- Sodium 394.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 21.5 g
- Protein 11.7 g