Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
these pancakes are fluffy and delicious!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Dry Mixture: Whisk together the first 4 ingredients in a bowl.
- Wet Mixture: Mix together the last 5 ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Pour dry mixture into wet mixture.
- Stir until batter is smooth with no lumps.
- Drop batter into buttered pan, about 1/4 cup per pancake.
- Cook on medium heat, flip when bubbles form.
There were 3 of us at breakfast when I served these wonderful pancakes! Topped them off with a homemade cranberry applesauce I'd made! Deliciously satisfying! Thanks for sharing your recipe! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block recipe tag]
Congrats! Your pancakes -- and great photo -- were featured as the Recipe of the Day on today's Food.com homepage! (5/25/11)
I have tried many recipes over the years as a professional cook. This recipe, by far, is the fluffiest of all of them, and will become my standard pancake recipe, I may try substituting the milk with buttermilk at some point though, just to see how it works. The REAL vanilla I used is fantastic, oh, and I used all organic ingredients, including the extra virgin olive oil and I used Himalayan pink salt. These are the best tasting AND healthy!