Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I got this recipe from a Good Housekeeping recipe book years ago and have committed it to memory. My husband loves these and will eat no other kind.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl (I use a 4 cup measuring cup).
- Mix milk, oil and egg in smaller bowl (I use 2 cup measuring cup).
- Mix liquid ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Make 4 inch pancakes in a medium heated non-stick pan or griddle or use a small amount of oil in regular pan.
- Cook until golden brown.
- Serve with butter and syrup or your favorite topping.
I put the recipe together as written and the batter was extremely runny! I added about a third cup flour and 1/2 tsp baking powder and it was a bit better. The finished pancakes were pretty standard.
The batter was very very runny I ended up added a 1/4 cup of flour to them. Also they are not as fluffy as I wanted... maybe my idea of fluffy is different. I am on the search for the best pancake recipe this is not the one,
Probably the worst pancakes I've ever had. These were thin, even after adding more flour. They were rubbery and had no flavor. Terrible. I don't know how other people could possibly rave about them.