Recipe by Meghann
Very fluffy and sponge-like pancakes made with the secret ingredient, sour cream!
Top Review by yogabead
Thanks for a great tasting recipe. The first time I made them I added 1 teaspoon of almond extract which added a great flavor. The second time I made them, I had extra ripe bananas on hand so I mashed up one and added it along with some chopped walnuts to the recipe. Very tasty! This recipe is a keeper!
- 1 1⁄4 cups sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Combine egg, milk and salad oil;add to dry ingredients.
- Stir until moistened.
- Add sour cream and stir again.
- (Some lumps in batter are o. k.).
- Bake on hot griddle, turning once when top side bubbles.
- Pancakes act like sponges!