Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Very fluffy and sponge-like pancakes made with the secret ingredient, sour cream!
- 1 1⁄4 cups sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Combine egg, milk and salad oil;add to dry ingredients.
- Stir until moistened.
- Add sour cream and stir again.
- (Some lumps in batter are o. k.).
- Bake on hot griddle, turning once when top side bubbles.
- Pancakes act like sponges!
Thanks for a great tasting recipe. The first time I made them I added 1 teaspoon of almond extract which added a great flavor. The second time I made them, I had extra ripe bananas on hand so I mashed up one and added it along with some chopped walnuts to the recipe. Very tasty! This recipe is a keeper!
Meghann, I made these pancakes for breakfast this morning and they are wonderful! Light and as fluffy as promised with just the right amount of sweetness! I never would have thought of adding sour cream to pancake batter, but it proves to be a winner! I wouldn't change a thing!
Awesome pancakes! i have made them several times and my family loves them. I use butter instead of salad oil and add cinnamon sometimes. Thanks for posting!