Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
The addition of the egg whites must make these so fluffy...we love to add fresh fruit after we get them on the griddle..never use box mixes again! This came from an Amish cookbook..
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 cups milk
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 2 large egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup blueberries
- Mix together flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Pour in milk and beat well.
- Melt margarine in pan you will use to cook the pancakes.
- Pour margarine into above mixture and egg egg yolks.
- Whip the egg whites until peaks form and fold into batter.
- Fry these in the pan you used to melt the margarine and you won't need to use any extra grease to fry the pancakes.
- We like to sprinkle of fresh fruit after we put pancake batter on griddle and before flipping.
Best pancakes ever ! They were fluffy and "light" which is what I like. The whipped egg whites is the trick for light pancakes and waffles.
Very good pancakes. They were fluffy with great taste. I still brushed the pan with oil. Thanks grandma2969 :) Made for Alphabet tag game
These are GREAT, fluffy and tender and really easy to make. We added fresh rasberries and whipcream for a truly decadent breakfast my family loved. So much better than any box mix. The only problem I had is that at first the batter came out very thin & watery, but I added more flour until it seemed about right and then they where perfect. Thanks for a wonderful recipe. I'll be making this again whenever I want rave reviews from the whole family.